Greenwich DVA provides safe, secure, high quality temporary accommodation; floating support and children’s services to women and children escaping domestic abuse.
Our services are confidential, non-judgmental and respectful of diversity. Greenwich DVA aims to empower women so that they can make informed choices about their future.
Greenwich DVA offers a range of services that put women and children at the heart of decision making, to gain confidence, strength and self-respect in order to free themselves from abusive relationships.
- Support and Advice
- Refuge Accommodation
- Child Support Services
- Moving On support
- Floating Support
- Sanctuary scheme
- Therapeutic workshops
We also provide support/advice in the following areas:
- Housing and legal proceedings
- Welfare benefits
- Emotional and practical support in moving towards independence
- Access to professional counselling
- Support for women experiencing mental health issues or disabilities as well as domestic violence
- Support for women experiencing substance misuse issues as well as domestic abuse
- Support for women from diverse ethnic backgrounds experiencing domestic violence
- Access to translation services
- Access to Health Visitors, schools and other external agencies
Greenwich DVA services provides 30 refuge spaces for women and their children including specific provision for:
- women with substance misuse issues
- for Asian women
Each woman and/or child will have her own room and share the kitchen, lounge, bathrooms and utility room with other residents. All utility rooms have a washing machine and dryer.
All residents pay rent (paid by housing benefit if eligible) and a service charge during their stay with us.
We operate a ‘No Visitors’ policy to help protect all residents.
You will be allocated a key worker who will help with the following:
- Advocacy and liaison
- General counselling and advice
- Help accessing other relevant services (for example, legal advice)
- Help in establishing personal safety and security
- Emotional support
- Help in managing finances and accessing welfare benefits
- Help finding appropriate and safe move-on accommodation
- Help in setting up and maintaining a home or tenancy
Support services provided arise from a negotiated contract (the Support Plan) between the individual service user and GDVA.
For someone to talk to call our Referral & Information Line 020 8317 8273
What is Floating Support?
Floating Support is a service that reaches out to you and is flexible. Its remit is wide, with the primary focus of supporting you to stay in your home in the safest way possible and maintain your independence. Floating Support is only available to women who live in the Greenwich Borough.
We can support you with:
- Safety planning
- Obtaining extra security in the home to enable you to remain there in safety
- Domestic abuse awareness
- Moving forward and positive relationships
- Advice and support with housing, i.e. supporting you to keep your home
- Budgeting and debt counselling
- Advice on benefits and claiming them
- Advice and signposting/support to access legal services
- Advice and signposting/support to access education and training and employment
- Group work and counselling
- Access to specialist support services to suit each individual need
- Liaising with other agencies
If you feel this service may benefit you then please give us a call on 020 8317 8273.
We co-ordinate the Sanctuary Scheme which is offered to enable you to stay in your present accomodation by obtaining extra security for your home such as change of locks, window alarms etc. If you feel this service may benefit you please call 020 8 317 8273
We have a full-time qualified children’s worker who works with local agencies, schools and social services to provide services to the children residing at our refuges in the Borough of Greenwich.
For more information and to make a referral to our service please download and complete the relevant form: